Monday, August 9, 2010

proCrasTInaTION - pleaded not guilty!

When I was a kid, my sister said something which stays inside my head up till today. "Because of you procrastinating that's why you're going down."

Wow. Powerful.

But after awhile, I tend to forget that phrase and continue to waltz around doing the things I like to do, without much worries what lies ahead. Or maybe I don't earn the gift of delayed gratification.

Much to say about that, I'm glad to procrastinate about work tho'. I've never once thought about work the moment I step out from my workplace, let alone thinking about it when I'm inside my car or whereever I may be, nope, work does not exist. My world remains the beautiful features of Facebook, bloggings, my unread piles of books, my piano, the music that I've created which sometimes makes my husband falls asleep faster than he should, soup of the day, and my lovely chats with hubby which I miss the most. So, work has never existed. Not after the agonizing eight hours of my life being wasted on something which does not profit my happiness. Everyday.

So procrastination is not a crime after all. I delay my excitement about going to work, which I don't and never have felt before. And to work means to submit myself to a temporary death sentence which reincarnation takes place after eight hours being buried under the piles of unnecessary stress. Not to mention, the intoxication of nuisance political pollution that only dull lifeless political figures would create in the company. They think that is power and improvement. But for many of us down there, it's totally a wastage of brain cells. Death of brain cells being polluted; and digesting their values. Yikes. The undervalue of us young generation only triggers more irritations to the elder (perhaps more of the GenX and baby bloomers who think they rule), so it's wise to have a love-hate relationship at work, because loving those who support us at work (so not all are Hitlers) and hating those who are incompetent yet bossing around (unlike Hitlers, these people are more like governors who can't and won't protect the citizens). Sounds familar? Yesss....they walk among us.

And the verdict is...many of us are crime-free from work stress and politics. Why should we? There are ample of things to be done outside of our job, people who need us feeding them food when more than half of the world is starved to death. People who need a smile to make them feel they're worthy. People who think they are poor are actually rich with those around them who are willing to pull them out from poverty. And many more. So life is not all about work! Start getting out from the chair and look out the window. That is life. That is what made us today. Not the building. Not the values. But the certainty that when we step out from that building, we can still survive with our will and destiny for survival. Because I realize that life is too short to be saddened under the weather going to work. Don't be.

After all, who cares if you're a few minutes late to work because you're indulged in something more worthy?

Procrastination, for once, is not a death sentence. *wink wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment